RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2020, 07:58:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Cambrian 100" Elan Glider Build .......

Started by Jas, March 28, 2014, 19:48:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jas

Jas

Hello All,

If anyone would like a Cambrian Elan building please let me know  :af

Jas

Mike_T

Jas

everything is better with carbon fibre.
and lasers.

Jas

Yes i agree, i think the customer is wanting a bit more strength in the wing, so if it takes a knock to the leading edge it should not be too damaging with the carbon strip running along it, i have also added a carbon strip in the centre going out 650mm from root out .

Like they say every little helps  :af

Jas

Jas

Morning All,

Here area few pictures of the finished Phase 6.

Mike_T

Jas

Hello - The covering is profilm carbon look on the top and on the bottom it's chequred profilm, although you can not really see it ion the pictures it does look very nice.

Jas

Hello All,

Another Elan build coming soon  :''

paulinfrance

Mode 2 THE only way to fly

Jas

Na ...... This 1 is going to USA again, someone wants me to build 1 for them  :af

Jas

October 24, 2015, 17:18:20 pm #55 Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 17:20:34 pm by Jas
Evening All - If any one is on Facebook i will be doing a build log on here, this is my page https://www.facebook.com/TheRcWorkshop

Jas

Afternoon Everyone,

The Elan kit has arrive this afternoon and i must thank Steve at Cambrian Models as the package is very neat and with a fast delivery service i am very pleased, the kit now has laser cut ribs and ply wood wing joiners which make it better and also the booklet which comes with it, has a colour cover and in it's own clear plastic protective sleeve, very neat again.

So watch this thread for another Elan build or watch it on Facebook or on my website.....

Jas

paulinfrance

Jas

paulinfrance

Quote from: Jas on March 06, 2016, 12:38:48 pm
Better off with this 1 it's cheaper  :nananana: :af

Not a question of price, but I am sure that it won't break down,,  :''

Jas

Hello Everyone  :)

Washout in the Elan wing tips, should i put some in or not, i think it needs a bit but the plans/booklet don't mention any, people's thoughts and if so how much ?

Jas

Washout was added and now finished and sold .