November 26, 2020, 15:57:12 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 26, 2020, 15:57:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

ManorModels

Started by Joe Manor, November 10, 2013, 18:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Manor

I have had a few inquiries regarding the next shipment of models. I am working to keep this business alive for as long as I can. I now have a few prepaid orders placed for the next shipment. I will be ordering them in the coming weeks once I have enough people signed up to fulfill a typical order from the builders. I am personally handling all of the distribution from here in the states and no longer have any local distributors for specific regions. If you want a model please order it from my website www.manormodels.com If you are interested in a group buy then the shipping is far less. I can ship one D80 international for around $350 but I can ship 4 or 5 for around $400. Please contact me for bulk orders. I recently lowered prices for the larger models and I always try to be as fair as I can to all of you. I am asking that Paypal fees are covered by the purchaser as they add up very fast on my end costing more than the materials I use to build all the custom wood crates I use for shipping. If you order two or more models please disregard the paypal fees. Hope this makes sense. As always, I ask that you feel free to contact me anytime through the website and I will be here to answer any questions and work out solutions to fulfill your orders. Thanks again for all the interest in the Dynamics.

Joe Manor

sammy5

Any UK-based flyers fancy going in on the shipping charges?

Sam

slopeflyer

http://www.manormodels.com/Airplanes_c2.htm

Im guessing the sale is no longer on. Price seems to be 700$ now for a D60. Plus 150 shipping. Which works out at about 600 quids. :(

Joe Manor

There are no sale prices as I have dropped the price points of the larger models already. I am organizing a couple group buys so nobody has to pay for shipping. This is the first time you can get a model from me for the same price as if you picked it up directly. Shipping is free. Time is running out though. If anybody wants to get in on this deal send me a PM or email.

Joe

wdeighton

that makes it
£217 fo a d40
£432 for a d60
£680 for a d80
£1800 for a D130

That not a bad price for a d80. I have 1 and 2 halfs so am out for this round
You may get hit for some customs on that, depending on what you agree to put on the box.

cambrad

If your prices are correct Will, then they are good deals.
I paid £300 for a D40 and £500 for a D60 earlier this year :af :af :af

sammy5

If anyone's keen, I'm quite happy to collect from wherever on the uk to dodge those postage charges!

Sam

slopeflyer

Joe, so is the price £432 or USD equivalent for a D60 as Will states delivered to a UK address? Or is there postage from the US to UK on top?

wdeighton

Quote from: Joe Manor on November 22, 2013, 03:28:00 am
There are no sale prices as I have dropped the price points of the larger models already. I am organizing a couple group buys so nobody has to pay for shipping. This is the first time you can get a model from me for the same price as if you picked it up directly. Shipping is free. Time is running out though. If anybody wants to get in on this deal send me a PM or email.

Joe

But like I said, you will have import duties based on the price declared for insurance.

Joe Manor

Quote from: slopeflyer on November 25, 2013, 12:32:43 pm
Joe, so is the price £432 or USD equivalent for a D60 as Will states delivered to a UK address? Or is there postage from the US to UK on top?

The VAT and import duties are 20%. Paypal also wants 3-5%. I will be purchasing materials and making shipping crates, and shipping everything for free. I will waive the paypal fees and shipping fees and only require you to pay for the model plus duties. I will be arranging a bulk drop off location or two. I will let you all know as soon as I firm things up. When you pick up your model you will not have to pay anyone for anything as I will be accepting all payments in advance for the model and import duties. This is still cheaper than it has ever been for you to get a new model. We don't have long as the goal is to get all the orders in by mid December so I can have all the models produced before the Chinese New Year in February. There is now an international shipping option for every model on the website to make it easy. Just go to www.manormodels.com and choose a model. Click the dropdown for the shipping options and you will see a tab for "bulk orders". It will add the import duties and taxes to your order. You can choose your color as well. I will be here to answer any questions or you can contact me through the website. Thanks.

Joe

deckit

Hi Joe,

Please confirm that, for a UK customer, under your intended  bulk arrangement the prescribed cost (e.g. D60 becomes USD 840) is indeed a once & for all payment, incorporating import tariffs in UK.
That is, one where your appointed UK recipient of the bulk order meets its import tariffs & is indemnified by you?

Joe Manor

Yes, a D60 is $840USD total. That is delivered to the UK recipient handling the shipment. The extra $140 covers the 20% duties that you would normally pay. I have the option to accept any duties/taxes billed to my shipping account if I please. This will free the designated person receiving all the models from having to collect all the money from each individual and make a bulk payment. It is already covered to make it easy for everyone. Hope that makes sense.

Until yesterday, if you went on my website and ordered a D60 you would pay $700 + International Shipping ($150). Then you would have to pay $140 once it arrived at your location for taxes. Total is $990usd. If this bulk order works everyone will save the shipping costs of $150.

For D80's they cost $400 to ship. If you order one now you will save $400usd. You can get a D80 for a total price including shipping, duties/taxes for $1320USD or (if my calculations are correct) around 817 pounds.

deckit

Thanks.
I was confused more by your identical rcg posting referring to VAT.
I have not encountered before a situation where anyone other than the UK recipient is responsible for import tariffs.

Joe Manor

Seems this was a bad idea. Some have viewed this as a potential scam. Not sure why but I don't want to scam anyone. I will be taking this bulk shipping option off my site. Sorry for the confusion guys. I will still ship for free if the order is large enough. You guys can sort out whatever duties on your end. Thanks.

Joe

slopeflyer

I think the problem is that customs can be hit or miss. What happens if you as the seller isn't charged for it? Do we get refunded? On that basis it's probably wise to charge for it at receipt, but of course you need to be aware that there is 20% to add on the price.
If the model could be directly send from china, there is probably more chance of avoiding the dreaded 20%.

Joe Manor

I use DHL for all of my bulk shipping. On each waybill I have the option to have all destination duties and taxes billed to my account. If I leave that portion blank then the receiver has to pay them. If one person was to receive a shipment for maybe 10-12 others he would have to pay a large amount for the taxes to get the shipment then have the hassle of collecting money from each individual to get reimbursed. A real pain. That is why I was doing this. No other reason. It still seems logical to me but what the hell.