November 30, 2020, 08:15:07 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2020, 08:15:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Oh what a laugh...Not

Started by Bustergrunt, November 03, 2013, 17:20:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustergrunt

This pm whilst putting together the D40 for a dry fit, I noticed the the middle of the 3 pins which hold the fin on has been pushed all the way into the fuz.....there's no way to get it out without drilling the fuz....and of course, I have already installed the elev actuating wire and tube !

Damn it!
I must get out more...

Andyc

Sorry Graeme, your sig line asks 'where has the wind gone'?.....

It's HERE!!............:(

Andy..............

Bustergrunt

It's here too but I'm working mostly...
I must get out more...

cambrad

Quote from: Graeme H (aka Bustergrunt) on November 03, 2013, 17:20:59 pm
This pm whilst putting together the D40 for a dry fit, I noticed the the middle of the 3 pins which hold the fin on has been pushed all the way into the fuz.....there's no way to get it out without drilling the fuz....and of course, I have already installed the elev actuating wire and tube !

Damn it!

I think most D40 owners are now installing the elevator servo in the tail as fitting it in the fuzz under the wing seat is very tricky and difficult to end up with zero slop on the ele once complete. I realise this info is a bit late but it might be worthwhile moving the ele servo to the tail and at the same time you may be able to recover/ push back up the pin from the new servo opening ??? The alternative i guess is to tap the pin further down( if it will) then get another and perhaps epoxy it into the tophalf of the tail so there will be no chance of it also dissapearing into the lower tail.
Still think moving the servo is the best all round solution.

Bustergrunt

Thought about that but my servo ain't thin enough, I don't want any nast lumps on this wee beaut...plus the servo is already in.
I'm going to drill under and see if I can knock it back up again#I'm also going to have to mould my own servo covers as the ones I'm using are a bit proud, but I have a plan sorted for that  :uk:.
I must get out more...

Joe Manor

Sorry about that Graeme. Did you get the pins out?

Bustergrunt

Hi Joe,
By using my Mark 1 eyeball and a slightly larger drill than the size of the pin...and a bit of waggling...I managed to push the pin up and out...Bingo!
So...back on with the build. :uk:
I must get out more...