November 26, 2020, 15:53:19 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 26, 2020, 15:53:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Skirrid Monday ?

Started by Geoff N, August 10, 2013, 23:50:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff N

As the title says . Wind looks good . Not epic , but woth a climb. I shall be going

wdeighton

I have a busy day on monday :(
I know hobday has the day off, but doubt he would do the skirrid

deckit

Sorry, Geoff, too light a forecast to warrant a trip.

Looking for a BIG W-WNW forecast, probably not now far away.

Geoff N

A good day. Winds were a bit light 10mph square on the face ,back side dead still. Just right for a local chap Alan to do his first DS laps. Maidened my Grass Cutter with new flaps and alerions . Had to give a lot of elevator to make it pull up out of the bottom turn. It does not pull up in a dive test,may add another golf club shaft to the fuz to stiffen it up a bit.
Maidened a rebuilt Mini Dragon , one of Wills wings and my fuz shame did not get the gun on it may have hav a new PB.
Will your wing yellow with red tips ,yellow and red squares on the bottom did you add some carbon to it?

wdeighton

Yes an extra200g on the inside. Will bump the thread if I can find it. How did the Dragon fly?

Geoff N

Very smooth and controlable really enjoyable. I'm going to do a few more laps with the MD before launching the d60 :)

wdeighton

Quote from: Geoff N on August 12, 2013, 21:45:45 pm
Very smooth and controlable really enjoyable. I'm going to do a few more laps with the MD before launching the d60 :)

good plan bat man

The D60 accelerates much quicker than the mini dragon. so you can soon be at a new PB when you first launch the d60
but using it on lighter wind days when its only maxing at a ton isnt bad too. this way you get to apreciate in smooth air.

And what about the opus?

Geoff N

D60 does not feel so daunting as the Opus (2.5Kg !). If we have some good 20 mph winds soon I will maiden it on Garway  and try and get used to the weight , before lugging it up the Skirrid. I've got your Mega MD wing fitted out now, just got to fit out a fuz  , do not think I will need a ballast tube for it :'' . That should be an interesting maiden ! the wing alone is 1.5 Kg
Its been really good to get some flying in these last few days , all these SW winds are bad news in this area no decent slopes or ridges.