RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 05, 2020, 09:17:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

RCV 58 bearing sizes?

Started by RGN, May 15, 2013, 20:10:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RGN

Does anyone happen to know the bearing dimensions for the RCV .58 CD (the short, stumpy one  ;D)? I think the front two (on the crank) are 10 x 26 x 8 (ID x OD x thickness) but I can't find any reference to the larger one the cylinder runs in.

It is marked R60110 on this diagram http://www.westonuk.co.uk/58cd%20exploded%20view.pdf Weston UK can apparently supply but at over £20 each that is more than I paid for the engine! For comparison, the front two are £11.22 from Weston and I can order SKF equivalents (actually the high speed & high temp low torque versions) for £2.78 each :o

I know I could take it out and measure it but I'm hoping to order the replacements before I strip the engine down to minimise downtime.

Thanks.

Richard
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

RGN

I found it - it is 30 x 42 x 7 or a 6806 aka 61806.

I've just ordered the three bearings for the RCV .58 and two for a Saito 125A - delivered the cost was only £3.00 more than the undelivered cost of the one from Weston UK  :o

Richard
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher