November 30, 2020, 07:46:34 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2020, 07:46:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Dynamic Sale

Started by Joe Manor, May 12, 2013, 03:52:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Manor

I have not been able to get in touch with Sloperacer in quite sometime. I need to sell some models and im happy to offer you guys the great deals. I will be shipping direct from my location for this sale only. Please do not contact Sloperacer regarding this sale. They are not involved. Thanks for your support.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1890494

Joe Manor

wdeighton

Wow and what a sail that is
       JM Sale  Slope Racer current (as advertised)
D40  £195       £300
D60  £390       £525
D80  £620       £1100
D130 £1560    not listed

For the D80, that's a massive saving and quite a good saving on the others too.
You will need £200 to £400 for shipping but that can be split between people. And you will be hit some duties on that.

How am I going to break this to the Mrs?

Joe. Will this come with full accessories?

slopeflyer

Agree, but postage is way expensive. 100 quid for d60!
Perhaps we should arrange a block order?

wdeighton

slopeflyer

May 12, 2013, 12:51:52 pm #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:54:41 pm by slopeflyer
Hmmm D60 or D80? Decisions. Decisions.

Bustergrunt

D40 for me...pm sent to Joe
I must get out more...

Joe Manor

Yes, shipping is expensive. These are not my shipping prices, they are what I have to pay to ship such large boxes. For a bulk order, the shipping costs can get down to around $50usd per model depending on what's inside.

Bustergrunt

So...if we're having a list of chaps who want to buy, I'm happy to organise it and liaise with Joe et al to co-ordinate the distribution on this side of the pond... i.e....

1. Who wants in?
2. Who wants what?

Shall we start a list here or do it by p.m.?

I must get out more...

slopeflyer

I think there will also be 20% vat as well. Unless the items are coming from china perhaps?

deckit

Quote from: slopeflyer on May 12, 2013, 18:33:49 pm
I think there will also be 20% vat as well. Unless the items are coming from china perhaps?

VAT is applicable to imports from outside the EU, hence from USA or China, no difference.

wdeighton

isn't this a bit unfair for slope racer as I believe he has some models in stock. and now Joe is selling them direct to the public for less?

If so I hope Joe compensates Tony so he can sell the models he has for a similar price!

Joe Manor

Leave it to you Will to try to stir something up. Jeez!

Hot Air

I'd love to add a D80 to my quiver but these days I DS about once every 6 months. I hope you guys enjoy some new toys on my behalf. All the best from Dubai!
He who dies with the most toys wins

hobster

Go for it Steve, you could always get a spare fuz and put an OS 120 in the front with a high pitch prop and amaze the local jet guys  ;D

Hope you had a good trip home ..

slopeflyer

I think a D60 will get plenty of use on the front too, so I guess that's the one for me.

Bustergrunt

Just had a pm from Joe on the RCGroups site...

"Just order it off the website. I will group the orders from each region and be in touch to organize shipping. I will refind some of the shipping costs if applicable. "

So rather than organise a group order at this end, looks like Joe will sort it at that end for the cheapest shipping costs.

:uk:
I must get out more...

Zim

Quote from: wdeighton on May 12, 2013, 09:42:05 am
Wow and what a sail that is
       JM Sale  Slope Racer current (as advertised)
D40  £195       £300
D60  £390       £525
D80  £620       £1100
D130 £1560    not listed

For the D80, that's a massive saving and quite a good saving on the others too.
You will need £200 to £400 for shipping but that can be split between people. And you will be hit some duties on that.

How am I going to break this to the Mrs?

Joe. Will this come with full accessories?

Whoo hoo it's crazy Dynamic pricing! As Will says SlopeRacer has a few in. Well I have a few in, and they're up at Tony's place.

I don't want to compete with Joe's pricing, but I need to shift my models too otherwise I'm kinda stuck with them! So here's what I'll do on the stock that we have at Tony's place...

D60: £400 shipped to you
D80: £750 shipped to you
D130: I have two, one completely built with everything in it - get in touch and let's talk.

I'm on 07595 417 727 if you want to call me.

Shipped with full accessories and kit and in stock.

Cheers

Zim

Cactus

if i was still sloping as much as i was/sorting the house/un-useable shed i'd tear someones arm off for a D40, but with vat and shipping we're still looking over 260-270? can't afford them onions at the mo. 
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

slopeflyer

Quote from: Zim on May 14, 2013, 22:36:47 pm
Whoo hoo it's crazy Dynamic pricing!

Shipped with full accessories and kit and in stock.

It is indeed. I guess the flip side is no spare parts in 12 months.

What are the accessories you're talking about?
Cheers,

Zim

Hey mate

Accessories are the usual Dynamic package:

Joe's full G10 ballast tray, radio tray, horns set
All servo covers etc
Full Manor hardware pack i.e. all pushrods, clevises, ball joints where appropriate etc
Wiring loom

Basically every you need to complete the model to WR spec excl radio

Cheers

Zim

wdeighton

Wow

OK, spoke to Tony at 1230ish and he only has 1 D60 in stock. I beleve he had a customer carrying one out the door at the time. and others now put asside for others.

deckit

Ah, so stock shifted, profits made & a wad of happy customers.
Now, that's business.

And looking forward to more smiling faces on the slopes :af

deckit

And the customer carrying one out of the door was Paul.
Watch out Jon & all, you have a bandit on your tails ;)

Jonathan W

Quote from: deckit on May 15, 2013, 15:00:53 pm
And the customer carrying one out of the door was Paul.
Watch out Jon & all, you have a bandit on your tails ;)

:study:

Jonathan W

Can't wait to see more D60's tearing up the sky.

deckit

Quote from: Jonathan W on May 15, 2013, 16:16:53 pm

:study:

Ha-ha
I'm guessing that, a few years ago, that would have been reclining & pulling on a cigar.  ;D

wdeighton

I am very interested as to the cost of the D130's
I believe there is one in kit form and 1 built.

deckit

Zim so advised this morning.

Guess they're negotiable.
Just add the cost of gym membership.

cambrad

Im guessing one of the D130,s is Zims own ???

Havent heard much ds chatter lately Zim? Are you still not getting much airtime ?

Zim

Quote from: cambrad on May 15, 2013, 22:50:40 pm
Im guessing one of the D130,s is Zims own ???

Havent heard much ds chatter lately Zim? Are you still not getting much airtime ?

Hey mate - been doing other things lately. Kinda gotten into sports again in the last year or so. Done a marathon, got a triathlon coming up and a 38 mile off road ultra marathon coming up later this year as well. Still have a lot too many models though! Stuff will be coming up for sale very soon. D130 among them along with a few other tasty treats. Will hold on to a few things in case the urge grabs me again to fly though!

Zim

Bustergrunt

Well....I dropped by Farce Porce today and after parting with a significant amount of money for customs dury...I now have a shiny new D40.....absolutely lovely and well worth the wait. :af
I must get out more...

cambrad

You will love it for sure :af
Just dont try to fly it in less than 15-20mph, and dont fly it on a shallow slope slope with little lift as it will probably tipstall, its the sort of plane that needs to keep moving unlesss parked into a decent oncoming breeze!
Get it on a big slope on a good windy day and watch it tear up the sky . Great fun. :D

Bustergrunt

Picked up on the bike...and then unpacked...

I must get out more...