November 30, 2020, 07:07:13 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2020, 07:07:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Wot 4 XL

Started by a.wallace, March 12, 2013, 11:50:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

a.wallace

Anybody out there using the wot 4 XL for a tug
Would like to know where to put the tow release as I' putting one together at the minute  :)
Andrew wallace

Anthony

Not many replies Andy, can't really help you myself although it's somewhere between the CG and the trailing edge. Try on the SSUK site, there are many tug pilots on there who would be willing to help.  Ant.

nickr100

if you closely at the underside of the wing there is a (covered) opening for a servo at the centre section. from what i understand this is for a factory designed tow release. i havent opened mine up to find out whats in there as i have a greenley (in avitar) with a 62 in the front for towing  :af

a.wallace

Anthony I'm really surprised by the lack of responses, I'm actually putting the model together for a member of our club I've had a number of tugs over the years and at present I have a 1/4 scale hangar 9 cub with a 30cc engine.
Nick I'll have a look at the wing tonight, we're using  the tow release from Puffin Models
Best tug I had was the Big Titan with the Zenoah 62 I was able to pull a big glider I think it was about 32lb weight to a dot in the sky
Thanks  for the reply's

Andrew
Andrew wallace

nickr100

andrew,

in my humble opinion, the wot4 xl is a bit of an odd size for towing as the size of glider that it can pull up dont seen to be that popular. it might just be where i fly, but most of the gliderist who want towed fly larger gliders requiring a larger tug  $%&

as a model in itself you'll love the XL  :af

a.wallace

I understand we're you're coming from nick I use to fly with guys who flew large models and that's why i had the big tug with the 62 engine two of the fella's went on to fly full size gliders both of them are now instructors
We're looking just to tow small models around 2.5metre's just for a bit of fun
Andrew wallace

nickr100

The XL with a dle 20 will do that easily

a.wallace

there's a 1" square hole in the wing for the tow release
and these are the bit's i've used
Andrew wallace

a.wallace

these are the bit's all put together and fit into the whole already provided
Andrew wallace

a.wallace