December 05, 2020, 14:10:57 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 05, 2020, 14:10:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Elementary ????

Started by FlyinBrian, August 21, 2020, 08:23:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyinBrian

I am assembling a TopModelcz "Element", it has me stumped at the moment with the fitment of the elevator linkage.

See https://www.topmodelcz.cz/resources/upload/data/256_Element%20carbon%20CT%20web.pdf

Page 6 shows the fuz with the elev link. Using the sequence shown in the instructions I have a carbon fibre tube with connectors epoxied at each end which take quick links (QL). Now the pivoting platform that the AMT sits on has a horn which attaches to the elev push rod quick link. Problem is this push rod is very stiff and the area where he tail sits is quite narrow and thick GF with carbon reinforcement so there is little give in the rod and none in the area that supports the AMT platform. I can only get a few few mm of threaded coupler out of the tail plane platform housing.

I cant fit the QL to the tail platform horn and attach to the coupler thread. I also can not pre fit the QL to the pushrod and then attach to the elevator platform horn.

I will try and take a photo and add to the post later.

All (useful) suggestions welcomed.

Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

PDR

Is the "connector" a metal threaded adaptor? If so Could you perhaps put the clevis on the elevator horn and then run the pushrod through from the front and screw the adaptor into the clevis by rotating it from the other end?

Can you attache the clevis and pushrod to the elevator horn and the feed the pushrod in from the tailplane end?

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

PDR

Could you attach the clevis and pushrod to the elevator horn and the feed the pushrod in through the back of the fin, pulling the horn/pivot assembly into place through the hole in the top?

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

FlyinBrian

PDR

thanks for the suggestions, I did try those earlier but
1/ you can not see the tail control horn easily and my varifocals have broblems at that sort of distance.

2/ the pushrod is 800mm long and with the best will in the world I can not keep it steady enough.

I finally dremelled a notch in the fuz near the tail platform which allowed enough wiggle room to attach the pr to the horn and allow the horn past the fin and into place :af

This is an ARTF but there is more work than building from scratch.

I expected it to be in the air in a week or so,  its nowthree weeks and counting
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.