RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 03, 2020, 16:33:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

A step in the dark

Started by fokker, January 30, 2018, 19:10:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fokker

Taken the plunge and a big step into the unknown and ordered an x12s

stukno

I did the same a few months ago. Not regretted it for a moment, its a fantastic radio.  I added the stainless neckstrap arms to mine to get the hanger away from the centre of the TX face.  They work for me but its a personal choice.

There's only one thing to decide. Either stick with the FrSky operating system, it works well and is pretty comprehensive and capable or
change it to Open TX which is bang up to date and the subject of ongoing development as new ideas are formed or bugs found.

I went with OTX, which is a bit stressful to take your new TX and start dicking about with the software but I took the view that it would be worth it in the end to keep the TX at the cutting edge. Again a purely personal choice.

They are dam good radios and the range of Rx's is outstanding and amazing value when compared to competitors.  Rock solid radios.

stu k

fokker

January 30, 2018, 20:02:51 pm #2 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 20:06:08 pm by fokker
Thanks Stu will be sticking with fros  for starters and see how it goes . I actually ordered mine from HK uk warehouse at £150 Less than uk supplier for eu model with uk plug . Just made sure paid on credit card in case of any problems with hk. Also ordered 3 x series receivers from various suppliers.You ll have to pop over to wmfc with Simon when flying weather improves

Kevin Fairgrieve (NSS)

Mine.

I love em.

[attachimg=1]

Beta upgraded to production on the left.

Production on the right.

Use one purely for I.C. the other for electric.

Both on OpenTX 2.2.1

Kev

paulinfrance

Quote from: Kevin Fairgrieve (NSS) on January 30, 2018, 21:20:48 pm
Mine.

I love em.

[attachimg=1]

Beta upgraded to production on the left.

Production on the right.

Use one purely for I.C. the other for electric.

Both on OpenTX 2.2.1

Kev


I can't find my 3D glasses  ^-^
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

itsme

Quote from: fokker on January 30, 2018, 20:02:51 pm
Thanks Stu will be sticking with fros  for starters and see how it goes . I actually ordered mine from HK uk warehouse at £150 Less than uk supplier for eu model with uk plug . Just made sure paid on credit card in case of any problems with hk. Also ordered 3 x series receivers from various suppliers.You ll have to pop over to wmfc with Simon when flying weather improves
Cheap Aurora going then? lol

pheasant_plucker

I love mine and so far I have found the FrSky OS more than capable, It is also easy to program once you get your head round it.
I have added a TX module to mine for my large number of v8fr-i receivers and this sits in the back without being in the way.

Gerry
Senior Administrator

The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"

fokker

Ye Bob the a9 will be going at some point when I'm geared up with the Horus. I've already got rid of the spare receivers I think I've got another 13 or 14 to go. Shame really hitec has been faultless but there's times I could do with more channels that it car nt give you. I was waiting for the hitec 16 which is now cancelled so decided to make a move

itsme

Stick them on here- always happy to have a couple of nine channels for the next model!

fokker

Will drop you a pm when I start replacing receivers Bob

fokker

She's arrived this is going to be a big learning curve

stukno

Hi Geoff,
I've only just made the connection between you and your forum name.

Good move mate, cracking piece of kit

stu k

itsme

Quote from: stukno on January 31, 2018, 18:23:27 pm
Hi Geoff,
I've only just made the connection between you and your forum name.

Good move mate, cracking piece of kit

stu k
yeah- he spells it wrong. Theres a U and a C in there somewhere.... :ev