November 30, 2020, 07:22:15 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2020, 07:22:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

1/5 scale ask 18

Started by Strum, September 20, 2017, 10:40:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Strum

Hi!!  Does anyone have the build instructions for the Mike Trew  ASK 18 at 1/5 scale? I would be happy to pay for copying/postage etc,.

In hope !

Alastair

FrankS

Is this from a plan only (I wasn't aware of any Mike Trew plans being kitted), if so you'd need to find out which magazine published it and see if you can track down a back copy.

We built the Mike Trew 1/5th scale T-21 last year from the plan and this detailed enough not to need any additional instructions.

Scalesoaring.co.uk is where a lot of the scale glider builders hang out, so you may want to ask on there too.

THE BLACKBIRD

Now that looks a nice build I would like to get hold of a plan, as im useless with computers anyone know where I can buy a plan

Tony
The man that never made a mistake
Never made anything

Strum

Quote from: THE BLACKBIRD on September 20, 2017, 13:29:10 pm
Now that looks a nice build I would like to get hold of a plan, as im useless with computers anyone know where I can buy a plan

Tony

I will be getting my plan copied in the next few days. I can let you have price if you wish. Alternatively you could do a plan swop with Derick at Model Plans which is how I got mine!!

Strum

Quote from: FrankS on September 20, 2017, 11:24:19 am
Is this from a plan only (I wasn't aware of any Mike Trew plans being kitted), if so you'd need to find out which magazine published it and see if you can track down a back copy.

We built the Mike Trew 1/5th scale T-21 last year from the plan and this detailed enough not to need any additional instructions.

Scalesoaring.co.uk is where a lot of the scale glider builders hang out, so you may want to ask on there too.

Actually there is probably enough on the plan to build it. Article would make interesting reading. No indication on the plan of its source. I will see if I can trace a magazine though it may not even be a Mike Trew plan. I will try scale soaring as you suggest. Many thanks
Alastair

FrankS

Cliff Charlesworth 1/4 scale and Jilles Smits 1/3 scale versions here https://scalesoaring.co.uk/VINTAGE/Documentation/ASK-18/ASK-18_models.html and also a build article on the Cliff Charlesworth 1/4 scale.

THE BLACKBIRD

Now that 1/4 scale one looks the one ill go for , thanks for finding it

Tony
The man that never made a mistake
Never made anything

Strum

Quote from: FrankS on September 20, 2017, 22:27:37 pm
Cliff Charlesworth 1/4 scale and Jilles Smits 1/3 scale versions here https://scalesoaring.co.uk/VINTAGE/Documentation/ASK-18/ASK-18_models.html and also a build article on the Cliff Charlesworth 1/4 scale.

Thank you. Well worth downloading!!

FrankS

Quote from: THE BLACKBIRD on September 21, 2017, 08:12:55 am
Now that 1/4 scale one looks the one ill go for , thanks for finding it

Tony

I've seen several of the Cliff Charlesworth 1/4 scale ones flying, you'll not be disappointed  :af