RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2020, 08:18:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Old school thermal glider kit needed

Started by Bustergrunt, December 30, 2015, 20:57:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustergrunt

December 30, 2015, 20:57:30 pm Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 20:58:39 pm by Graeme H (aka Bustergrunt)
Hello peeps,
I have a hankering to build an old school thermal soarer, approx  2m to 2.5m
I had a couple approx 20 years ago and would like to build another....something along the lines of a Sagitta etc
What would people recommend and where does one obtain such a kit .... Or are they even still available.

Don't want a mouldie...got one for sloping...
I must get out more...

Bustergrunt

I must get out more...

Bustergrunt

I must get out more...

Bustergrunt

I must get out more...

EricF

December 30, 2015, 23:04:56 pm #6 Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 23:59:02 pm by EricF
I've got one of the original Dick Edmonds 'Algebra' kits 2.5 metre span, the one with the ply and spruce box fuselage and also a Carl Goldberg 'Gentle Lady' original traditional kit, 2 metre span, if you are interested.

For info on the Gentle Lady, checkout the listing on the Sussex Model Centre website.
I'm not old, I've just been young for a very long time!

Phil_G

How 'old school' ?  Graupner Amigo II old?

Bustergrunt

Cheers chaps, I built an algebra many moons ago  3m version....and the gentle lady or amigo seem to fit the bill...like the sonata....
2m woodie looks like it's going to happen  :uk:
I must get out more...

Bustergrunt

Right then, I have been offered a Suitable kit which I'm collecting later, but also did some insomniac shopping last night and purchased from e-bay (other auction sites are also available) plans for a Sagita 900.....
Let the building commence  :uk:
Thanks for all the responses
I must get out more...

slopeflyer

Hang on a few weeks and there might be load up for sale soon once the Eu tells us how high we can or can't fly.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Jas

Jas

PS - i am looking for another kit if any one has got 1  :af

Jas

So did you do the kit build ?

And i am still looking for a kit if any one has 1

itsme

Dont tell PDR- he will be round with the Euthanasia team...

FrankS

There's a sailplanes int osprey 100 kit on BMFA classifieds at the moment.

Bustergrunt

Cheers, but I now have a Sonata kit in the 'build queue'
I must get out more...

Jas

Quote from: FrankS on May 18, 2016, 14:09:02 pm
There's a sailplanes int osprey 100 kit on BMFA classifieds at the moment.

Yes i did see that as well, but the price is a little on the high side for me  :''

leckyBB

Bustergrunt, don't know whether you have built your Sonata yet but there is a little mod that you might like if you have not yet started it. The material for the spars on the outboard section is about 2 " longer than the plan. When I built mine I created an extra rib and increased the span of each tip panel. It gives some useful extra area and improves the float performance. Mine had a Speed 600 and 7 NiCd's and a home designed motor switch. That might give you an idea how long ago I built it. In fact I made a second one many years later with a brushless motor. It is really a fun model.
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Bustergrunt

Cheers matey....still on the build list of kit boxes yet to be opened
I must get out more...