November 26, 2020, 16:00:53 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 26, 2020, 16:00:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Blaster 2 servos

Started by dogshome, July 10, 2015, 20:12:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dogshome

July 10, 2015, 20:12:44 pm Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 20:14:40 pm by dogshome
After so much fun with the Elf, I bought a Blaster 2.

In the Elf I have Gening 531 servos. These are fast, strong, cheap and have fabulous resolution even on the tiny movements needed for the all moving elevator  :af  "0.6kg"

So, I also have four 541s in the garage, my only concern is if they are strong enough for ailerons. Most 5g or 9g servos are too thick (9mm or less needed) and SD100s are quoted for the B2 at "1.1kg" stall.

The 541s are "0.7kg". But in perspective, the flying weight is going to be less than 300g (think indoor shock fliers).

Thoughts?
肉(ròu)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun

Butzi

IMHO SD100's will be spot on.  I'm using 4 of them in my Blaster 3SC without issue.

dogshome

Bad Raven

I'm pleased you like Gening servos, but its contrary to my experience of two sizes for Libelle and Vagabond, both types proving to be absolutely abysmal!

Terrible resolution, slow speed stick movement causing erratic action, unpredictable centering, jigging, and premature failure.

The Libelle gained SD100's and the Vagabond Savox, both types instantly superior in every respect.
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

dogshome

July 15, 2015, 18:39:23 pm #4 Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 18:41:45 pm by dogshome
I've only got the two in the Elf. The elevator being all moving and on a very short arm and limited endpoints is asking a lot of a servo , but it's very good. Even with cofg well back and increased sensitivity its one of the best.

To the extent I'd use more for the indoor fleet.

Maybe they have improved recently. Black cases now, not transparent?

P.S. I agree about Savox. No trouble with those.

dogshome

They work well. It was cloudy all day, no sun and yet I still caught a tiny thermal yesterday.  Got to a couple hundred feet by pirouette from about 15m and drifting with the wind. Very funny, to watch.

My launch is rubbish. The Elf just needs a half spin and fling to get over 20m. That doesn't work for me with the much larger Elf.

I (and a friend) were getting around 20m by the end of the day, but much more practice needed.

Flaps at lift position are like engaging helium balloons and at landing setting almost anti gravity.

Bad Raven

Excellent then!

For the record, my rubbish Genings were black cased.
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

dogshome

I stripped a gear on the bench. Plugging in to charge smart lipo with tx off and one aileron on a wooden table causing the wing to jump up.

Initially grumbling, but then these are a tiny 4g servo; operating a very stiff and relatively huge large carbon aileron; with huge travel and no flex! So forgiven. Doing similar with a depron aileron (flexi as you like, even with carbon rod supports) is relatively risk free.

Note to self - be careful powering up high performance DLGs!   :-\