RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 02, 2020, 15:19:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome!

Started by Wiz, January 08, 2015, 09:21:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiz

January 08, 2015, 09:21:31 am Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:25:47 am by Wiz
If you're new to flying radio controlled models or just thinking about dipping your toes in the water you will undoubtedly have a myriad of questions you need answering. 

Here at RCMF we have a huge amount of experience within our membership and in this section you can feel free to ask anything you like about RC model 'planes, quadcopters, helicopters and the like and we'll do our best to give you good, reliable and straightforward advice and guidance.

This board will be moderated a little tighter than most to ensure anybody and everybody feels comfortable asking, what are to some of us, are basic questions and that replies and guidance remain relevant and appropriate to the original post.
The buck stops here.

maxbradley

Good Idea this..... :af
Lots of good advice available for beginners...
One point to be aware of guys.... Beginners need basic advice .... Lets make sure we do not go too deep, when asked?????

Cheers

Michael_Rolls

Properly trained, a man can be a dog's best friend

Cactus

QuoteLets make sure we do not go too deep

unlike their engine if they ignore the advice hey  ;)

Sorry Wiz, had to be done  :-X  :-*
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

Pitpixie

This is great, no doubt I will be in here lots asking stoopid questions!  :af

FlyinBrian

Quote from: Pitpixie on January 08, 2015, 19:17:29 pm

Only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask!
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

half throttle

Quote from: Pitpixie on January 08, 2015, 19:17:29 pm

You won't be on your own mate!  :''
'Concerning myself with the reasoning processes of your cerebral cortex is notably absent from my tables of consideration at this juncture'

Simon W

may be the wrong place to post in which case please feel free to remove or relocate. 
what is the difference between like Heart and like with a tick vox on the posts.  what do the other bits do?  been on here for years and before Facebook never clicked like, share or similar?
A few planes flying and loads to fix!

Cactus

like is... you like something, it saves wasting thread space with a full quote and just a thumbs up.

the thank you is the same thing, but a thanks for a reply, if you notice in the left under your name there will be a thanks given and received.
it's a way of seeing who gives good advice
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

Simon W

Thanks Cactus, what afoul the bits under the posts, Like with an F, report to Mod (Obvious really) and logged or whatever it is?
A few planes flying and loads to fix!

pheasant_plucker

Logged is just telling you that we know who you are, we know your IP address and we are watching you  :co

Like with an F is a Facebook like and posts on Facebook that you like the post or topic.

Gerry
Senior Administrator

The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"