December 05, 2020, 14:51:45 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 05, 2020, 14:51:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Aerotow releases

Started by Darkstar56, June 02, 2014, 16:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstar56

What are the various options for aerotow releases?

I have seen the details of the Multiplex one but have not found any details on alternatives.

I want to fit it to a 3.5m semiscale glider which will have an electric motor up front so would want this to work from some other point. Just to try aerotow.

All help much appreciated

Max
"... acquisition of knowledge is never too dear."
Sir Francis Walsingham, Spymaster to Q Elizabeth 1.

Anthony

Hi Max, if there is enough room below or just aft of the motor use the slot and pin method. Cut a slot as near to the nose as you can and inside bridging the slot epoxy a small bore brass tube which will take a piano wire from the release servo, hope you can make sense of that. Ant.

FrankS

I use the Multiplex ones in the nose of my 3m and 4m gliders and they work very well, but i've just bought a Parkzone Ka8 and fitted the E Flite servoless release http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/products.php?ProductID=10172&CatID=12&SubCatID=477&Title=E-flite+Servoless+Payload+%2F+Glider+Tow+Release&ManCode=EFLA405 seems to work really well and is designed to work on the underside of the fuselage. The Ka8 is very light though so I'm not sure if it would handle the weight of your glider, but might be worth checking out.

SpeedsterDEN

Dynamic soaring will change your life..